玩完碟盤式音樂盒的唱盤自製以後,當然也要改裝一下比較容易取得的音樂盒。剛好小孩子有兩個音樂盒,而且很大方的拿來給老爸拆。幸好我沒有很衝動的下重手,好好的研究一番以後,才拿出尖嘴鉗,小心翼翼地將「音筒」完整的拆下來。
上面這種 18 音的音樂盒是利用帶有鋼針的音筒來撥動音梳發出聲音。基本上能輕鬆拆解的就是鎖上兩顆螺絲的音梳,和由一顆無頭 M5 螺絲固定的音筒,其它的都是用鉚釘鎖死了。
音筒的螺絲雖然無頭,但是因為它是中空的,可以用尖嘴鉗慢慢轉開:
建議在鬆開音筒的螺絲時,照片左上角黑色蓋子下方,減速用的齒輪最好用手壓著,不然,音筒鬆動後,發條的簧片有可能會瞬間鬆開,把音筒上的齒輪打壞掉。
拆下的音筒可以分解為三個部份,除了中間帶有針的空心鋼筒外,左邊的黑色蓋子帶有和發條齒輪連動的齒輪,右邊的黑色蓋子則是當轉軸用。
齒輪要用 3D printer 印到合用、耐用比較複雜,所以這次的自製音筒只把目標放在上面照片中央的音筒和右邊轉軸的黑色蓋子,將它們合而為一。齒輪蓋子則使用原有的。
音筒產生器用的是 OpenSCAD 程式,產生器的專案名稱為 MusicBoxCustomCylinder 放在 GitHub 中:
自訂音符代號
和 MusicBoxCustomDisc 一樣,在 MusicBoxCustomCylinder 的主程式 music-box-custom-cylinder.scad 中有一個變數 notesIndexMap ,用來定義音符代號與音梳上簧片的對應。
以前面照片中的音樂盒來說,它的音梳有 18 根簧片,代表的音依序分成三個八度:
- A#3、B3
- C4、D4、E4、F4、G4、G#4、A、A#4、B4
- C5、C#5、D5、D#5、E5、E#5、F5
和 MusicBoxCustomDisc 程式一樣,音符用的代號(數字),1 = C、2 = D、3 = E、4 = F、5 = G、6 = A、7 = B;低音用負數 -1~-7,中音用 1~7,高音則用 10~70,半音則在代號再加上 0.5 的記號。所以三個八度用到的音符代號依序為:
- -6.5, -7
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5.5, 6, 6.5, 7
- 10, 10.5, 20, 20.5, 30, 30.5 40
如果音梳上的音不同,可以自行修改 notesIndexMap 的左側第一欄,以方便編寫樂曲。
編寫樂曲的方式和 MusicBoxCustomDisc 一樣,就不再贅述。
組合音筒
用 3D printer 印好的音筒有兩個缺口,而原來的齒輪蓋內側則有兩個小凸起,對準了,應該就能組盒起來。
合體後的音筒重新鎖回音樂盒就能進行測試了。
下面錄了一小段測試的影片








Hello, I'm very excited about 3D printing my own music box barrels and I am so happy to find your blog. I downloaded the OpenSCAD file and spent some time looking through it. The numbering system for positioning notes makes a lot of sense and I am sure I could program a music box with a simple melody. I noticed on your music box CD discs that you can play two notes at once, but I couldn't figure out how to make that happen on the music box barrel. Can you give me instruction, or is there a file I can look at where you have instructed the program to create two notes that play at the same time? I am not a programmer in any way, just a musician. I felt proud that I was able to download and open the SCAD file. :) Thank you so much!
回覆刪除Hello Julie,
刪除Thank you so much for your kind words — I’m really glad you enjoyed my project! It’s actually something I made quite a few years ago, and I haven’t played with it in a long time, so I’ve almost forgotten some of the details myself. Luckily, someone asked a similar question on GitHub before, and I replied there.
The way of arranging notes on the discs and on the barrels is quite similar, so you can refer to the explanation I gave in that issue:
https://github.com/gsyan888/MusicBoxCustomCylinder/issues/1
I hope that helps you explore how to play two notes at once. Thanks again for your interest, and I’m happy my old project could inspire your music box experiments!
Best regards, and happy music‑boxing! ^_^